Thursday, March 5, 2009

Puppet Sketches

Just to put everything together in one central location, here are all of the puppet design sketches up to this point.


Discuss!

4 comments:

  1. Just to kick off the discussion:

    I'm not really fond of the Death Metal owl design(or, really, the Death Metal owl character).

    I like the most muppet like Marty design, with the full head of hair.

    I'm down with that Jack Chimp.

    I'm okay with the mailman. Is it supposed to look like a dildo, though?

    Klaus is rounder than I'd pictured.

    ...and I prefer the most walrus-like sketch of Rex(the one on a separate sheet).


    Just to start things off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd prefer the Death Metal Owl be more like a traditional owl shape, and not all that big. I definitely like the owl character.

    I prefer the sadder bald version of Marty, the one where he looks a lot like Vork from The Guild.

    I love that Jack Chimp design, I just hope we can nail it in the actual puppet. It will have to be one of the later puppets we do, just to make sure of it.

    The mail man is pretty much exactly how I'd always pictured it, save that the head should be a little more football shaped.

    I really like the Klaus design too, but would probably want the legs to be bigger to compensate for the big gut.

    As far as Rex goes, so far he is coming along somewhere between the single sheet version, and the bottom, long face version.

    I would also like to say that I love the Hobo design, particularly the more detailed face that's closer to Tom Waits. And I really love the Chimney Sweeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the mailman will have a more spherical head instead of a tube/dildo head, but other than that, I think the sketch is good.

    I definately perfer the Marty with the hockey stick. Not that he always has a hockey stick with him, just the sketch where he is holding one.

    Claus does seem to be pretty round, but he may need to be for us to get our fingers in him. Same thing with the Hampster.

    I'm not sure about the penis desing. Mostly in the face part. I guess I only ever saw googley eyes and not a nose or mouth (except for the piranah head mouth thing).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the penis face is a little off maybe, but not much for me. I just don't think it should have a nose. I'm cool with the Hitler stache, but not married to it.

    ReplyDelete