Rex: Professor i need a secret weapon.
Prof: what, Rex how did you get past my security, oh never mind. why on earth do you need one of my special weapons.
Rex: Penguins.(pause/dadadah) there invading.
Prof: Penguins.(pause/dadadah) Son of a Bitch.
prof: Here use this.
Rex: thanks professor, this should be perfect.
Rex: It didn't work, do you have anything bigger?
Prof: hmm, i have one thing but the circumstances would have to be quite Dire(Dadadah)
Rex: I didn't want to worry you but the have taken jay.(pause) and you know what penguins do to there captives.(gasp)
Prof: Mother Fuckers! wait one moment while i get something.
Rex: are your sure this is the right one.
Prof: its just the right thing trust me. (Rex leaves) just right for a world without Jay.
Jay: hey professor did you call me.
Prof: jay... what about the penguins.
Jay: what penguins.
Prof: OH SHIT COCK.(nuke goes off)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
don't worry i have a more detailed script for visual and movement as well but this should help out those who "needed" a script before they even would audition.
ReplyDeleteI think it's funny, and I definitely like the quasi-homo crush thing The Professor seems to have for Jay. It kind of makes the idea of the potential Catherine's daughter character pretty redundant though, so I guess if this is the direction for him then I am no longer in favor of that character. The characters themselves are a bit vague in the writing here, but it's gonna take some time before everyone really knows what they should say, so that's fine.
ReplyDeleteI have really no issue at all with the script itself, but it hadn't occurred to me until reading it here that it's kind of weird for the very first short. It assumes a lot about the characters is known already I think. Definitely funny, and definitely something we should shoot. I propose that maybe we shoot it first out of everything because it is totally doable now, but maybe we don't actually post it first. Wait until we've done a couple others maybe?
I don't think it really matters if we post this first or not. People will get the gist of it as is, and it's not like we're telling a big linear story.
ReplyDeleteThis is pretty solid, minus the obvious need for a good editing pass. I wonder how long this skit will run though? We don't really have a good idea of how much script covers a given amount of time.
It all depends on how long the pauses between Rex leaving and coming back in are (you probably should have communicated that better for the people that weren't in the conversation about it Jay). But I can't see it going past 4, and that's probably stretching it.
ReplyDeleteWell, a bit over 3 with some kind of quick music intro?
Hell, I would have guessed 2 minutes tops, but I guess we really don't know.
ReplyDeleteas i said this is the vocals only for people to have for auditions and a reference i intentionally left out leaving and coming back or the fact he hands him boxes.
ReplyDeleteI was imagining fairly long pauses with sound effects as a good part of the gag, maybe with Rex audibly yelling something in the background each time. So that's what pads out my estimate, but I guess none of that is scripted, so I ought to bring my number down.
ReplyDeleteIts up to you of course, but I think it would probably be less confusing, and less effort for you if you just posted the full script.
I see where some of the confusion is coming from, I should probably of mentioned i am mostly working out of my notebook/folder and not my computer for the show stuff.This vocal "rehearsal/audition" script is the only thing i did on my computer so it really wouldn't be any easier or less effort for me to put all i have onto the blog as it covers several pages some of which have other ideas as well.
ReplyDelete